Who are we?
Fleurieu Farming Systems formed in April 2016, to conduct farming systems projects for farmers and farm groups in the Fleurieu Region.
To date activities have included literature reviews, field trials, field days, case study trial sites, soil moisture probes and workshops. Current and past projects can be viewed under our projects tab and include:
• A review of past soil research carried out on the Fleurieu Peninsula
• Biochar trials
• pH and EM mapping demonstrations
• Soil health case studies under conventional and alternative farming systems
• Soil health replicated trials
The proposed Terms of Reference for the Board are to:
• Define and continuously review whole of region farming systems research, development and extension opportunities, that benefit landholders on the Fleurieu Peninsula
• Invigorate and add value to existing landholder groups that operate on the Fleurieu Peninsula
• Screen, prioritise and approve project ideas
• Be aware of funding opportunities and timeframes
• Ensure effective communication of project outcomes
• Provide effective governance for Fleurieu Farming Systems Inc.
The 2019/20 Board
From Left: Peter Filsell – Treasurer, Melissa Rebbeck – Project, planning and communications officer/chair, Alistair Just – Board Chair, Alice Morley – Board secretary, Alister Carmichael – Board member, Sandy Nott – Board Member, Ben Della Torre- Board member and Jeff Edwards and Ben Noble (not pictured).
The first initial board consisted of those pictured below.
From Left: Jeff Edwards (AMLR NRM – Sustainable Agricultural Officer), Paul Erkelenz (FFF Secretary), Amy Williams (Williams Farm and FFF member), Peter Filsell (FFF President), Melissa Rebbeck (FFF Project Officer).
The second board from Jan 2017-June 2018 consisted of those pictured below.